Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How Do I Possibly Pay It Forward?




Not only am I blessed with an amazing husband and beautiful baby girl, but my support system is more than I can fathom.

I feel overwhelmed.

For three years people have prayed and supported us. For three years it has been about bringing home a baby. For three years I feel I have not had the energy to support anyone other than myself.

And now she is here. The wait is over and it is my turn to start supporting. Sadly enough, this intimidates me and I feel I can't possibly do justice to the amount of support we have been shown.

How will I ever pay this forward? That is my constant thought right now...one I am working through minute by minute of the day. Soon I will be strong. Soon I will get into a routine and then it will be my turn to shower those around me with love, prayers and mountains of support.

For now, I am so very thankful to everyone. Words will never suffice, but soon...very soon...I will try with every ounce in me to pay it foward.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of those who has prayed for you...
You have given more than you know. Reading your blog helped me realize that all the things I was feeling were "normal" or "okay". It has been inspiring following your journey. You are an incredible person. Kallie is a lucky little girl!

Liz said...

Anonymous couldn't have said it better! I feel lucky that I stumbled upon your blog so many months ago. You have given me a new found hope that dreams can, and do come true. Bless you and your family always.

Boyz3Mommy said...

You deserve every bit of the thoughts and prayers and wishes that you and your precious family have received. I certainly don't think you are required to pay it forward, but you know...you already have, by writing this blog and giving SO many others the hope they need. Love to you.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Just love on that gorgeous little girl as much as you possibly can. That's all the reward that anyone needs.

Anonymous said...

I know how you are, and I know paying forward will come naturally. I know you'll love doing that because that's just the kind of person you are. When the time is right, it will happen.

Just know that everyone in your support system has an extra spring in their step because of Kallie's birth! Thanks so much for your honesty, humanness, faith, and your willingness to let us walk along side of you through this! Definitely a highlight in our lives this year.

Becky said...

As the other's said, loving Kallie is all that you need to do. You gave me incredible hope as well when I didn't think I had any left. Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant with a little girl, the farthest that I've ever been with IC, and dreaming of exactly what you have with Kallie. I read your blog and I know that we'll make it too.

You've been there for all of us so many times, and I can't wait until we're admiring our little girls together.

Kim said...

Clearly, you pay it forward by showering us with pictures of the little darling. ;)

Love you, and glad to hear from you. I hope you're feeling okay! :)

Anonymous said...

The other posters have said it all so well...you have shared so much with us already - thank you! You deserve every bit of happiness little Kallie brings to you each day. Love her and that's enough for us!

Thank you for sharing your world with us!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!!! Could she be any more gorgeous??? Perfection!
God bless your family.

Ann said...

You have already paid it forward. Sharing your experiences helped me more than you can know during one of the worst weekends of my life. Just being yourself is enough.

And as for more opportunities...you'll find them in the future. Unfortunately, we all need support much of the time, and your turn will come.

Jen said...

Gosh, I found your blogs just recently and love them dearly.
All my best prayers of thanksgiving and joy to you and your newly expanded family.