Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Strongest Weakness.



This, my friends, is the ultimate challenge for me. My paper towel holder is empty and has been for five days. Five! Days! Five, I say! I guarantee you it is wondering what the heck is up. My OCD shows itself something fierce when it comes to germs, cooking, cross-contamination, and clean countertops. I use paper towels like mad while cooking, eating, washing my hands (a BUNCH), breathing, etc. Considering we are a relatively environmentally friendly and conservation-wise household, this poses a little bit of hypocrisy now doesn't it? Never fear. I'm going to lick this bad habit and maybe even my fingers too. I bought cloth napkins and fully intend to strictly use dish towels for cleaning the countertops and drying my hands. {Insert deep breath here.} Ready. Set. Go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl,
That's gonna be a real challenge. I didn't realize how many paper towels I use while I'm cooking until I read this!

I'm trying to do better about not wasting resources, too. One step at a time. I asked my neighbor what to do with our used glass bottles and jars. She said we have to go way south to recycle them. Do you know anywhere closer?

~K

Unknown said...

I hope you can do it because I sure can't! I tried last night while cooking and made it all of 5 minutes! Good luck!