Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stomach Flu, You're A Jerk Face.

Oh, there's nothing like a lot of barf to make life interesting while on vacation.

My Babe's parents graciously rented this AMAZING home, 7 Star Ranch, in Wimberley for a few days for us to be together as a family. All summer long I've been looking forward to meeting my new baby niece, spending time with the grandparents, relaxing by the river, and working on making this pale skin semi-tan without becoming fried chicken.

Unfortunately, the stomach flu had different ideas for a fun vacation. My Babe, Kallie, my mom, my sis-in-law, and I all had the pleasure of spending lots of time lovin' on the toilet and sleeping in the bed. We're finally on the mend, but a little bummed about missing out on some of the fun. However, we did get to enjoy the river and pool a little bit prior to the sick festivities, and certainly had fun just being together. In sickness and in health.


Snuggling with Kallie's cousin.


I need me one of these here swangs.


Float you cheap thing.


There's nothing like a grandpa.


One good looking daddy and one good looking baby girl.


Ready at a moment's notice: Lifeguard Grandma C & Lifeguard GiGi

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry you were all sick. The house does look amazing and I'm sorry you missed out on some fun.

I hope everyone is better! Did you get a little tan at least?

BellaMama said...

I'm so glad that though you all were sick, there were plenty of helping hands!! Nothings quite as comforting as mommy being there!
Get all better!
Blessings,
Mrs. C.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,tell me about it! Jerk face showed up over here, too! We are swamped with sickness at our house. Last night, my son and my niece both got sick and were up all night with it. Then, as my husband was saying our mealtime prayer, I interrupted him and told him to pray for our children who are sick. Right at that moment, my other niece threw up. ;( Now, tonight, my other son is saying he feels sick! My sister-in-law's family had planned on leaving here tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I sure hope they have a better night tonight! I'm glad ya'll are on the mend.