Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Been Awhile.



Kallie is growing like a weed, laughing often, rolling over, nursing like a champ, teething, and sitting up quite well on her own. I miss her terribly during the day, but am so blessed to have My Babe and GiGi with her during the week. I can't say that I would rather work, but I will say when I get home I am much more focused on her and am able to let the dishes, laundry, emails, and cooking wait much longer than usual...and that is a great feeling.

Trying to find balance between school and home has been challenging this first week back. It's hard when your job really begins at 3:00pm as there is no way you can do a thing while the children are there and still teach effectively. I've been staying a lot later than I should, and must get better at that.

I'm finding it difficult to swallow that my favorite baby activities are only offered during the day so I am unable to attend, but I have decided that a monthly day off to attend such things just might be the cure I need.

For now, I'm just happy for this three day weekend - and a beautiful 4 month old.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

She gets cuter every time I see her.

Boyz3Mommy said...

I can hear her giggling all the way down here in Kyle. Sweet baby girl.

Collins Family said...

Happy 4 months, she is a cutie! Love the big smile!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your little nursing champion! That's great news. It's also great that you are able to let some things slide to focus on her!!! That was so true for me, too, that as a teacher, a lot of my work didn't begin until 3PM. I think your idea of a monthly day off is a very good one! I hope you'll do that. It would be such a special time.